Small Engine Overhaul

This is a snowblower that would not start. Of course, when you need it is when you try to start it and realize it has problems. I have been extensively trained for many years in all combustion engines. The snowblower was becoming harder and harder to start according to the customer. I felt it had low compression. Upon disassembling it I found it had a wasp’s nest started under the cowl, this didn’t have anything to do with the problem though. Luckily it was freezing and the wasps were asleep. I removed the motor and took it into a warm shop where a compression test was done. It did not have enough compression to start. I removed the head and found a carboned-up and sticking valve. I cleaned it up and reassembled it and it started easily.

To return to the project page please click the button below.